From the Montgomery Hills Planning Committee:
Today, we made the hard decision to CANCEL the Montgomery Hills Street Fest. While we could deal with light rain, the forecast is calling for heavy rain and high winds, and therefore we are postponing the Fest until Spring 2023. While Ian is dampening our fun, our thoughts are first and foremost with those in the wake of the storm.
Here is our plan going forward:
- Don’t head to the Fest, instead head to Denizens and join us at the ‘Ian Can’t Defeat Us‘ Meet-up from 3 pm until 6 pm
- Order food from Meleket and Nothing Bundt Cakes, both of these local businesses planned to sell and share food at the Street Fest, let’s show them our support!
- Come to First Fridays! They’re BACK – look for upcoming information about November and December dates at MoHills restaurants
- Montgomery Hills Business Roundtable – coming this fall!
- 2023 MH Street Fest Take 2 – Stay tuned for the date
Unfortunately, canceling the Fest means that we lose a significant amount of the funding we raised because we are obligated to still pay for the tents, tables, chairs, sound equipment, and porta-potties we rented. We are grateful to our generous donors — without whom we could not have a Fest. Once we have paid all non-refundable costs, we will bank the remaining funds for use for a 2023 Spring Street Fest. All donors will be recognized for the future Fest.
Thank you for donating your time to volunteer and money to support the Street Fest! Everyone is welcome to join us at Denizens to celebrate our wonderful community where we all get to live and work and commit to making the Georgia Avenue corridor a safe, pleasant, and vibrant place to be!