The North Woodside Citizens Association publishes a newsletter called The Beacon, which comes out three times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring). The newsletter is printed and delivered throughout the neighborhood by volunteers.
Digital copies of the newsletter are archived in the file section of the neighborhood listserv (requires subscription) or may be requested from the newsletter’s editor. Select articles from the newsletter are posted to this website.
North Woodside neighbors are invited to submit content to the Beacon. Submission deadlines are: January 15, April 15, and October 15. Submitted content will be included as space allows and according to the Editor’s discretion.
In particular, the Beacon team welcomes submissions of the following content:
- Names of new neighbors (moved in or born) for the “Welcome to the Neighborhood” section
- Information about interest groups, services offered, volunteer opportunities and more for the “Neighbors Connect” section
- Upcoming neighborhood-related events for the “Community Calendar”
- Recent noteworthy accomplishments by neighbors
- Photos of recent neighborhood activities
- Artwork related to the neighborhood, especially by children
Suggestions for topics you’d like to see covered in the next issue also welcome.
Submissions and requests for digital copies may be sent via email to the Beacon’s Editor.